Are there alternative treatments for anoxic anoxia?

In most cases, the brain cannot fully recover from a traumatic brain injury like what is caused by anoxic anoxia. The best alternative treatment for anoxic anoxia for some people may be to make lifestyle changes to live with the complications created by the disorder. Generally, the same problems that occur 3-6 months after the episode occurs will continue to occur throughout life. Brain rehabilitation programs, however, can often help people who have suffered from acquired brain injuries like anoxic anoxia. These treatment programs help people suffering from brain injuries recover by helping them rediscover life skills.

Continue Learning about Anoxic Brain Injuries

Is an anoxic brain injury serious?
An anoxic brain injury is a serious and possibly life-threatening injury in which the brain is depri...
How does the length of a coma relate to anoxic brain injury outcomes?
In some cases, anoxic brain injuries can cause people to go into comas. Generally, the less time a p...
How do other illnesses affect anoxic brain injuries?
Cardiovascular disease and strokes can affect anoxic brain injuries by putting you at higher risk fo...
What should I do if I suspect someone has had an anoxic brain injury?
If someone is losing consciousness or you suspect that they've had an anoxic brain injury, call 911 ...