Are there alternative treatments for stagnant anoxia?

Because stagnant anoxia immediately deprives organs or tissues of needed oxygen, the only immediate treatment is a supplement of pure oxygen. However, there are alternative treatments for some of the causes of stagnant anoxia. Studies are being conducted on how garlic, flaxseed, and omega-3 fatty acids supplements can aid in combating cardiovascular disease. According to the National Center for Alternative and Complimentary Medicine, some alternative practitioners also recommend plant-based medicines containing hawthorn or astragalus to fight heart disease.

Continue Learning about Anoxic Brain Injuries

What parts of the brain are most vulnerable to anoxic brain injury?
The brain damage that occurs from an anoxic brain injury affects the whole brain. Some areas of the ...
What is an anoxic brain injury?
An anoxic brain injury occurs when your brain stops receiving oxygen. This disruption of oxygen flow...
What should I do if I suspect someone has had an anoxic brain injury?
If someone is losing consciousness or you suspect that they've had an anoxic brain injury, call 911 ...
How does the length of a coma relate to anoxic brain injury outcomes?
In some cases, anoxic brain injuries can cause people to go into comas. Generally, the less time a p...