How do society's demands on girls raise the risk for anorexia?

Girls today are expected to accomplish the impossible: They're supposed to be caring while out-competing their friends, and look great doing it. In this video, Dr. Stephen Hinshaw, of  NORMAL nonprofit, discusses how this "triple bind" can result in depression, and strategies that can help.

Continue Learning about Anorexia Nervosa

How can a person change their thinking to improve anorexia?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Anywhere that life hurts we have locked ourselves into some kind of false identification, telling ou...
Can I get better if I have anorexia?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
Yes, you can defintely get better if you suffer from anorexia nervosa. Therapists, doctors, and nutr...
What can I do if someone I know is showing signs of anorexia?
If someone you know is showing signs of anorexia, you may be able to help.Set a time to talk. Set as...
When should I call my doctor if I have anorexia nervosa?
If you have anorexia nervosa and you are concerned about when to call your doctor, you may already b...