How can a person change their thinking to improve anorexia?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Anywhere that life hurts we have locked ourselves into some kind of false identification, telling ourselves private, unchallenged stories about who we are. The cure for anorexia is to somehow pry awedge between "I" and this powerful, secret identification. The same applies to all suffering because each person arbitrarily identifies with one thing after another that tells an inaccurate story of who he or she is. Even if you were able to surround yourself with pleasure every minute of the day, the wrong story of who you are will wind up bringing deep suffering.

Continue Learning about Anorexia Nervosa

What can I do if someone I know is showing signs of anorexia?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
If someone you know is showing signs of anorexia, you may be able to help.Set a time to talk. Set as...
Will my baby get affected by anorexia during pregnancy?
Riverside Women's HealthRiverside Women's Health
Yes. Women who have anorexia while they are pregnant are more likely to lose the baby. If a woman wi...
When should I call my doctor if I have anorexia nervosa?
If you have anorexia nervosa and you are concerned about when to call your doctor, you may already b...
If I have had anorexia in the past can I still get pregnant?
A woman with active anorexia nervosa does not usually get her period, meaning she does not ovulate. ...