How does anorexia hurt your heart?

One of the ways anorexia hurts your body is by depriving the heart of essential nutrients. Your body needs these in order to create and send the electrical signals that keep the heart beating in a regular, coordinated manner. In this video, Dr. Oz explains why this eating disorder is so dangerous.

Continue Learning about Anorexia Nervosa

Is anorexia nervosa an eating disorder?
Anorexia nervosa is an eating disorder. A person with anorexia nervosa practices self-starvation. Ot...
What can I do if someone I know is showing signs of anorexia?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
If someone you know is showing signs of anorexia, you may be able to help.Set a time to talk. Set as...
When should I call my doctor if I have anorexia nervosa?
If you have anorexia nervosa and you are concerned about when to call your doctor, you may already b...
What is the Pro-Ana movement for people with anorexia?
Katie Rickel, PhDKatie Rickel, PhD
The Pro-Ana movement is an underground cyberworld full of “thinspiration” -- motivational tactic...