What are the treatment options for microvascular angina?

Treatment of microvascular angina starts with trying to reverse or slow the progression of the underlying disease. Treatment may also depend on the severity of your symptoms. Mild symptoms can be treated with medications that open or relax your blood vessels. Moderate symptoms might require a surgery or other procedure to restore blood flow to the affected areas of the heart. If symptoms continue to worsen, immediate hospitalization may be required.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
What is angina?
Angina is chest pain that occurs if an area of your heart muscle doesn’t get enough oxygen. A heart ...
What should I do if I think I have unstable or variant angina?
If you think you are having an episode of unstable or variant angina, you need to seek emergency med...
What Is Stable Angina?
What Is Stable Angina?