What are the symptoms of variant angina?

The main symptom of variant angina is sudden or unusual chest pain or pressure. Unlike stable angina, which occurs when you are doing physical activity, the pain of variant angina is more likely to occur while you are at rest. It may or may not go away when you take angina medication. Symptoms may also be more severe than that of stable angina.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
How can I prevent angina?
Yolanda Y. Hendley, MDYolanda Y. Hendley, MD
Lifestyle choices can decrease angina symptoms and reduce your heart risks. Within weeks, you could ...
What should I do if I think I have unstable or variant angina?
If you think you are having an episode of unstable or variant angina, you need to seek emergency med...
Could Your Chest Pain Be Angina?
Could Your Chest Pain Be Angina?