What should I do if I think I have unstable or variant angina?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

If you think you are having an episode of unstable or variant angina, you need to seek emergency medical attention right away. Unlike stable angina, unstable angina will not often go away on its own and is very likely to lead to a heart attack if untreated. Variant angina may also lead to a heart attack. In addition, the symptoms of angina and a heart attack are very similar. Call 911 or get to an emergency room immediately.

If possible, you may chew an aspirin. If you are having angina, the aspirin may help you avoid a heart attack. If you are having a heart attack, the aspirin may help you survive the heart attack.

Continue Learning about Angina

Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?