What lifestyle changes should I make if I have microvascular angina?

Having microvascular angina requires some lifestyle changes. Daily exercise and eating a healthful diet low in saturated fat can help improve your heart's health. Walking 30 minutes a day, five days a week can strengthen your heart and get your body to a healthy weight. Quitting smoking is also recommended. It's also important to reduce your stress levels, so find stress-management techniques that work for you.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
What is a silent angina attack?
A special problem happens when coronary heart disease is present but does not cause any chest discom...
What is the difference between stable and unstable angina?
Yolanda Y. Hendley, MDYolanda Y. Hendley, MD
The most common forms of angina are stable and unstable angina. If the pain happens during certain a...
What Is Stable Angina?
What Is Stable Angina?