What is microvascular angina?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Microvascular angina is a condition where small arteries in the heart start to narrow. It can cause chest pain since the arteries are now too narrow to carry enough oxygen-rich blood to the heart. This can cause shortness of breath which in turn can cause blood oxygen levels to drop and strain the heart.

Continue Learning about Angina

Is angina serious?
Angina can be serious. Stable angina, if untreated, can lead to more serious problems. Unstable angi...
How can I prevent angina?
You are in control of many of the factors that increase your risk of coronary artery disease and ang...
What should I do if I think I have unstable or variant angina?
If you think you are having an episode of unstable or variant angina, you need to seek emergency med...
What is the difference between stable and unstable angina?
SCAISCAI
Your doctor may describe your chest pain as "unstable" or "stable" angina.  Unstable Angina With un...