What is microvascular angina?

Microvascular angina is a condition where small arteries in the heart start to narrow. It can cause chest pain since the arteries are now too narrow to carry enough oxygen-rich blood to the heart. This can cause shortness of breath which in turn can cause blood oxygen levels to drop and strain the heart.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
What is angina?
Angina is chest pain that occurs if an area of your heart muscle doesn’t get enough oxygen. A heart ...
When should I seek immediate help if I have angina?
Riverside Heart and Vascular CenterRiverside Heart and Vascular Center
If you have angina, never drive a vehicle when you are having chest pain! If you have any of the fol...
Could Your Chest Pain Be Angina?
Could Your Chest Pain Be Angina?