What increases my risk for unstable angina?

Since unstable angina is often associated with coronary artery disease, anything that increases your risk for CAD increases your risk of angina. Risk factors include cigarette smoking, high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, and high cholesterol. If you have a family member with CAD, this also increases your risk. In addition, as you age your risk increases.

Picture of angina cause

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
How can I prevent angina?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
You are in control of many of the factors that increase your risk of coronary artery disease and ang...
What is the difference between stable and unstable angina?
SCAISCAI
Your doctor may describe your chest pain as "unstable" or "stable" angina.  Unstable Angina With un...
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?