What increases my risk for unstable angina?

Since unstable angina is often associated with coronary artery disease, anything that increases your risk for CAD increases your risk of angina. Risk factors include cigarette smoking, high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, and high cholesterol. If you have a family member with CAD, this also increases your risk. In addition, as you age your risk increases.

Picture of angina cause

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
Is angina serious?
There are two kinds of angina: stable and unstable. They have different symptoms and unlike stable ...
When should I call my doctor if I have angina?
Riverside Heart and Vascular CenterRiverside Heart and Vascular Center
If you have angina, then call your doctor if: Your skin is itchy or you get a rash. Your angina is ...
What Is Stable Angina?
What Is Stable Angina?