What increases my risk for stable angina?

Since stable angina is often associated with coronary artery disease, anything that increases your risk for CAD increases your risk of angina. Risk factors include cigarette smoking, high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, and high cholesterol. If you have a family member with CAD, this also increases your risk. In addition, as you age your risk increases.

Continue Learning about Angina

Understanding Chest Pain (Angina Pectoris)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
How can I prevent angina?
You are in control of many of the factors that increase your risk of coronary artery disease and ang...
Is angina serious?
Angina can be serious. Stable angina, if untreated, can lead to more serious problems. Unstable angi...
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?