What increases my risk for microvascular angina?

Things that increase the risk for microvascular angina are many of the same things that are risk factors for other common types of coronary heart disease. These risks include smoking, obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, and high cholesterol. Women have a higher risk of getting microvascular angina than men. Menopause and low estrogen levels are thought to play a part in increasing that risk.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
When should I call my doctor if I have angina?
Riverside Heart and Vascular CenterRiverside Heart and Vascular Center
If you have angina, then call your doctor if: Your skin is itchy or you get a rash. Your angina is ...
What triggers angina?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
Common angina triggers include: Walking briskly outside on a cold, windy, or humid dayHurrying wit...
What Is Stable Angina?
What Is Stable Angina?