What are the symptoms of stable angina?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

The main symptom of stable angina is chest pain or pressure. This occurs more often with exercise or stress. The pain often goes away once the physical activity stops. Symptoms may also include pain in the arms or back, anxiety, and nausea.

Continue Learning about Angina

When should I call my doctor if I have angina?
Riverside Heart and Vascular CenterRiverside Heart and Vascular Center
If you have angina, then call your doctor if: Your skin is itchy or you get a rash. Your angina is ...
What causes angina?
Coronary artery disease (CAD) is frequently the cause of angina. In coronary artery disease, arterie...
What should I do if I think I have unstable or variant angina?
If you think you are having an episode of unstable or variant angina, you need to seek emergency med...
What are the types of angina?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
The most common types of angina are stable angina and unstable angina. A rare type of angina is call...