What are the treatment options for unstable angina?

Unstable angina requires emergency medical treatment. In the hospital, you may be treated with medications and surgery to avoid a heart attack. Surgical options include angioplasty, in which an artery is widened and a stent inserted to keep it open, or coronary bypass surgery.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
How can warming up help prevent exercise-induced angina?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
A fascinating occurrence called the "warm-up phenomenon" has puzzled doctors for decades. In the...
When should I call my doctor if I have angina?
Riverside Heart and Vascular CenterRiverside Heart and Vascular Center
If you have angina, then call your doctor if: Your skin is itchy or you get a rash. Your angina is ...
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?