What are the treatment options for unstable angina?

Unstable angina requires emergency medical treatment. In the hospital, you may be treated with medications and surgery to avoid a heart attack. Surgical options include angioplasty, in which an artery is widened and a stent inserted to keep it open, or coronary bypass surgery.

Continue Learning about Angina

Understanding Chest Pain (Angina Pectoris)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
When should I seek immediate help if I have angina?
Riverside Heart and Vascular CenterRiverside Heart and Vascular Center
If you have angina, never drive a vehicle when you are having chest pain! If you have any of the fol...
What is angina?
Angina refers to chest pain produced when blood flow to the heart is low. When blood flow is low, th...
Could Your Chest Pain Be Angina?
Could Your Chest Pain Be Angina?