Is there a cure for variant angina?

Variant angina has a number of possible causes, and there are treatments. However, there is no one cure. Preventing heart attacks and future episodes of variant angina are the main goals of treatment. This treatment focuses on getting the blood to flow more easily to the heart. Medications are often used. A successful treatment plan will often incorporate lifestyle changes such as quitting smoking and managing blood pressure, as both high blood pressure and smoking increase your risk of variant angina. Exercise and eating a diet high in whole grains, fruits, and vegetables are also often part of a successful treatment plan.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
What should I do if I think I have unstable or variant angina?
If you think you are having an episode of unstable or variant angina, you need to seek emergency med...
What are the types of angina?
Jack E. Dawson Jr., MDJack E. Dawson Jr., MD
Angina may present during exertion, emotional upsets, at rest and in the night. It may occur shortly...
Could Your Chest Pain Be Angina?
Could Your Chest Pain Be Angina?