What are the symptoms of unstable angina?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

The main symptom of unstable angina is sudden or unusual chest pain or pressure. In people who have a pattern of stable angina, any pain that varies from the pattern is unstable angina. The pain often continues for a longer time than that of stable angina, and you cannot get it to go away simply by resting or taking angina medication. Symptoms may also include pain in the arms or back, shortness of breath, and nausea.

Continue Learning about Angina

When should I call my doctor if I have angina?
Riverside Heart and Vascular CenterRiverside Heart and Vascular Center
If you have angina, then call your doctor if: Your skin is itchy or you get a rash. Your angina is ...
Is angina serious?
Angina can be serious. Stable angina, if untreated, can lead to more serious problems. Unstable angi...
What is angina?
Angina refers to chest pain produced when blood flow to the heart is low. When blood flow is low, th...
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?