Should I talk to my doctor about my unstable angina symptoms?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

If you have not been diagnosed with unstable angina, and you have chest pain or a feeling of pressure in your chest, you should see a doctor immediately. Chest pain can be a symptom of a heart attack, a medical emergency. In addition, if you have coronary artery disease and experience stable angina regularly, but your symptoms change (for example, become more severe or last longer), you should seek medical attention right away. Any change from your normal pattern of stable angina is unstable angina, and may signal that a heart attack is imminent.

Continue Learning about Angina

What are the types of angina?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
The most common types of angina are stable angina and unstable angina. A rare type of angina is call...
What is the difference between stable and unstable angina?
SCAISCAI
Your doctor may describe your chest pain as "unstable" or "stable" angina.  Unstable Angina With un...
What causes angina?
Coronary artery disease (CAD) is frequently the cause of angina. In coronary artery disease, arterie...
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?