Should I talk to my doctor about my unstable angina symptoms?

If you have not been diagnosed with unstable angina, and you have chest pain or a feeling of pressure in your chest, you should see a doctor immediately. Chest pain can be a symptom of a heart attack, a medical emergency. In addition, if you have coronary artery disease and experience stable angina regularly, but your symptoms change (for example, become more severe or last longer), you should seek medical attention right away. Any change from your normal pattern of stable angina is unstable angina, and may signal that a heart attack is imminent.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
What is a silent angina attack?
A special problem happens when coronary heart disease is present but does not cause any chest discom...
How can warming up help prevent exercise-induced angina?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
A fascinating occurrence called the "warm-up phenomenon" has puzzled doctors for decades. In the...
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?