Should I talk to my doctor about my variant angina symptoms?

If you have chest pain or a feeling of pressure in your chest, you should see a doctor immediately. Chest pain can be a symptom of a heart attack, a medical emergency. In addition, if you have coronary artery disease and experience a chest pain that is more severe than usual, or occurs when you are resting, you should seek medical attention right away.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
How common is angina?
Angina is fairly common. About 350,000 people are diagnosed with angina each year in the United Stat...
What triggers angina?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
Common angina triggers include: Walking briskly outside on a cold, windy, or humid dayHurrying wit...
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?