What should I do if I think I have variant angina?

If you think you are having variant angina, or any other unusual chest pain, you may need to seek emergency medical attention. Unlike stable angina, variant angina can occur while you are at rest. In addition, the symptoms of variant angina and a heart attack are similar, and a coronary artery spasm can lead to heart attack. Call 911 or get to an emergency room immediately.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
What is a silent angina attack?
A special problem happens when coronary heart disease is present but does not cause any chest discom...
When should I call my doctor if I have angina?
Riverside Heart and Vascular CenterRiverside Heart and Vascular Center
If you have angina, then call your doctor if: Your skin is itchy or you get a rash. Your angina is ...
What Is Stable Angina?
What Is Stable Angina?