What should I do if I think I have variant angina?

If you think you are having variant angina, or any other unusual chest pain, you may need to seek emergency medical attention. Unlike stable angina, variant angina can occur while you are at rest. In addition, the symptoms of variant angina and a heart attack are similar, and a coronary artery spasm can lead to heart attack. Call 911 or get to an emergency room immediately.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
What should I do if I think I have unstable or variant angina?
If you think you are having an episode of unstable or variant angina, you need to seek emergency med...
What are the types of angina?
Jack E. Dawson Jr., MDJack E. Dawson Jr., MD
Angina may present during exertion, emotional upsets, at rest and in the night. It may occur shortly...
What Is Stable Angina?
What Is Stable Angina?