Should I talk to my doctor about my stable angina symptoms?

If you have not been diagnosed with stable angina, and you have chest pain or a feeling of pressure in your chest, you should see a doctor immediately. Chest pain can be a symptom of a heart attack, a medical emergency. In addition, if you have coronary artery disease and experience stable angina regularly, but your symptoms change (for example, become more severe or last longer), you should seek medical attention right away.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
What is the difference between stable and unstable angina?
Yolanda Y. Hendley, MDYolanda Y. Hendley, MD
The most common forms of angina are stable and unstable angina. If the pain happens during certain a...
What triggers angina?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
Common angina triggers include: Walking briskly outside on a cold, windy, or humid dayHurrying wit...
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?