Should I talk to my doctor about my angina symptoms?

If you have not been diagnosed with angina, and you have chest pain or a feeling of pressure in your chest, you should see a doctor immediately. Chest pain can be a symptom of a heart attack, a medical emergency. In addition, if you have coronary artery disease and experience stable angina regularly, but your symptoms change (for example, become more severe or last longer), you should seek medical attention right away. Any change from your normal pattern of stable angina may signal that a heart attack is imminent.

Continue Learning about Angina

Understanding Chest Pain (Angina Pectoris)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
What should I do if I think I have unstable or variant angina?
If you think you are having an episode of unstable or variant angina, you need to seek emergency med...
Is angina serious?
Angina can be serious. Stable angina, if untreated, can lead to more serious problems. Unstable angi...
Could Your Chest Pain Be Angina?
Could Your Chest Pain Be Angina?