What is the rate of incidence of variant angina?

About 350,000 people are diagnosed with angina each year in the United States alone. About 6.5 million people in the U.S. have angina. However, variant angina is a very rare type of type of angina. Only about 2 percent of people with angina have variant angina.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
How can warming up help prevent exercise-induced angina?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
A fascinating occurrence called the "warm-up phenomenon" has puzzled doctors for decades. In the...
When should I seek immediate help if I have angina?
Riverside Heart and Vascular CenterRiverside Heart and Vascular Center
If you have angina, never drive a vehicle when you are having chest pain! If you have any of the fol...
What Is Stable Angina?
What Is Stable Angina?