What is the rate of incidence of variant angina?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

About 350,000 people are diagnosed with angina each year in the United States alone. About 6.5 million people in the U.S. have angina. However, variant angina is a very rare type of type of angina. Only about 2 percent of people with angina have variant angina.

Continue Learning about Angina

What triggers angina?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
Common angina triggers include: Walking briskly outside on a cold, windy, or humid dayHurrying wit...
When should I seek immediate help if I have angina?
Riverside Heart and Vascular CenterRiverside Heart and Vascular Center
If you have angina, never drive a vehicle when you are having chest pain! If you have any of the fol...
How can I prevent angina?
You are in control of many of the factors that increase your risk of coronary artery disease and ang...
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?