What is the rate of incidence of variant angina?

About 350,000 people are diagnosed with angina each year in the United States alone. About 6.5 million people in the U.S. have angina. However, variant angina is a very rare type of type of angina. Only about 2 percent of people with angina have variant angina.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
When should I call my doctor if I have angina?
Riverside Heart and Vascular CenterRiverside Heart and Vascular Center
If you have angina, then call your doctor if: Your skin is itchy or you get a rash. Your angina is ...
What triggers angina?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
Common angina triggers include: Walking briskly outside on a cold, windy, or humid dayHurrying wit...
What Is Stable Angina?
What Is Stable Angina?