How do other illnesses affect variant angina?

High blood pressure increases the risk of variant angina because it can harm arteries. High cholesterol may lead to narrowing of the arteries that allow blood to flow to the heart, increasing the risk of angina. Illnesses that increase the risk of variant angina caused by coronary artery spasm include lupus, arteritis, or Kawasaki disease.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
When should I seek immediate help if I have angina?
Riverside Heart and Vascular CenterRiverside Heart and Vascular Center
If you have angina, never drive a vehicle when you are having chest pain! If you have any of the fol...
How can I prevent angina?
Yolanda Y. Hendley, MDYolanda Y. Hendley, MD
Lifestyle choices can decrease angina symptoms and reduce your heart risks. Within weeks, you could ...
Could Your Chest Pain Be Angina?
Could Your Chest Pain Be Angina?