Is there a cure for stable angina?

Stable angina can be successfully treated in a number of different ways, but there is no magic cure or foolproof way to prevent it. Treatment focuses on getting the blood to flow more easily to the heart, and on addressing the underlying cause of the angina. Medications are often used. A successful treatment plan will often incorporate lifestyle changes such as quitting smoking and staying at a healthy weight, as both obesity and smoking not only increase your risk of angina, they make heart attack more likely. Exercise and eating a diet high in whole grains, fruits, and vegetables are also often part of a successful treatment plan.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
What should I do if I think I have unstable or variant angina?
If you think you are having an episode of unstable or variant angina, you need to seek emergency med...
What is a silent angina attack?
A special problem happens when coronary heart disease is present but does not cause any chest discom...
What Is Stable Angina?
What Is Stable Angina?