Is there a cure for stable angina?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Stable angina can be successfully treated in a number of different ways, but there is no magic cure or foolproof way to prevent it. Treatment focuses on getting the blood to flow more easily to the heart, and on addressing the underlying cause of the angina. Medications are often used. A successful treatment plan will often incorporate lifestyle changes such as quitting smoking and staying at a healthy weight, as both obesity and smoking not only increase your risk of angina, they make heart attack more likely. Exercise and eating a diet high in whole grains, fruits, and vegetables are also often part of a successful treatment plan.

Continue Learning about Angina

What triggers angina?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
Common angina triggers include: Walking briskly outside on a cold, windy, or humid dayHurrying wit...
What should I do if I think I have unstable or variant angina?
If you think you are having an episode of unstable or variant angina, you need to seek emergency med...
When should I seek immediate help if I have angina?
Riverside Heart and Vascular CenterRiverside Heart and Vascular Center
If you have angina, never drive a vehicle when you are having chest pain! If you have any of the fol...
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?