Is there a cure for unstable angina?

Unstable angina is a medical emergency, but one for which there are very effective surgical treatments. However, there is no magic cure. Preventing unstable angina and avoiding heart attacks are the main goals of treating coronary artery disease and chronic stable angina. Medications are often used. A successful treatment plan will often incorporate lifestyle changes such as quitting smoking and staying at a healthy weight, as both obesity and smoking not only increase your risk of angina, they make heart attack more likely. Exercise and eating a diet high in whole grains, fruits, and vegetables are also often part of a successful treatment plan.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
What should I do if I think I have unstable or variant angina?
If you think you are having an episode of unstable or variant angina, you need to seek emergency med...
What is the difference between stable and unstable angina?
SCAISCAI
Your doctor may describe your chest pain as "unstable" or "stable" angina.  Unstable Angina With un...
What Is Stable Angina?
What Is Stable Angina?