Is angina serious?

There are two kinds of angina: stable and unstable. They have different symptoms and unlike stable angina, unstable angina requires immediate medical attention. In this video, Dr. Oz explains what causes angina and the important differences between the two types.

Angina can be serious. Stable angina, if untreated, can lead to more serious problems. Unstable angina and variant angina can lead to a heart attack. A heart attack is a dangerous medical condition that can be life threatening and which requires emergency medical attention.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
What should I do if I think I have unstable or variant angina?
If you think you are having an episode of unstable or variant angina, you need to seek emergency med...
When should I call my doctor if I have angina?
Riverside Heart and Vascular CenterRiverside Heart and Vascular Center
If you have angina, then call your doctor if: Your skin is itchy or you get a rash. Your angina is ...
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?