How does microvascular angina affect the body?

Microvascular angina may have a variety of effects on the body, depending on its cause. Microvascular angina can be caused by a variety of things that reduce the flow of blood through small arteries and into the heart. This may include high blood pressure, damaged arteries, smoking, obesity, and diabetes, which all have their own effects on the body. Because microvascular angina reduces blood flow to the heart, common symptoms may include chest pains, nausea, lightheadedness, and shortness of breath. Microvascular angina may be an indicator of coronary artery disease, which affects the large arteries.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
How can I prevent angina?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
You are in control of many of the factors that increase your risk of coronary artery disease and ang...
What should I do if I think I have unstable or variant angina?
If you think you are having an episode of unstable or variant angina, you need to seek emergency med...
What Is Stable Angina?
What Is Stable Angina?