How do I manage my microvascular angina on a daily basis?

Managing your microvascular angina usually includes living an overall healthy lifestyle. Walking or other less-intense exercise for 30 minutes a day, five days a week can help strengthen your heart and get your body to a healthy weight. Quitting smoking can help reduce symptoms of microvascular angina. Also, eating a diet that's low in fat and high in heart-healthy lean meats, vegetables, fruits, and whole grains is also recommended. Try to reduce your stress levels so that you prevent excess strain on your heart.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
When should I seek immediate help if I have angina?
Riverside Heart and Vascular CenterRiverside Heart and Vascular Center
If you have angina, never drive a vehicle when you are having chest pain! If you have any of the fol...
What are the types of angina?
Jack E. Dawson Jr., MDJack E. Dawson Jr., MD
Angina may present during exertion, emotional upsets, at rest and in the night. It may occur shortly...
What Is Stable Angina?
What Is Stable Angina?