How do I manage my microvascular angina on a daily basis?

Managing your microvascular angina usually includes living an overall healthy lifestyle. Walking or other less-intense exercise for 30 minutes a day, five days a week can help strengthen your heart and get your body to a healthy weight. Quitting smoking can help reduce symptoms of microvascular angina. Also, eating a diet that's low in fat and high in heart-healthy lean meats, vegetables, fruits, and whole grains is also recommended. Try to reduce your stress levels so that you prevent excess strain on your heart.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
What is angina?
Angina is chest pain that occurs if an area of your heart muscle doesn’t get enough oxygen. A heart ...
What should I do if I think I have unstable or variant angina?
If you think you are having an episode of unstable or variant angina, you need to seek emergency med...
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?