How do I manage my stable angina on a daily basis?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

If you have stable angina, it is very important that you stick to your doctor's treatment plan, including taking any medications your doctor has prescribed and managing any other health problems, such as high blood pressure or diabetes. There are also many steps you can take at home to improve your overall health and reduce your angina. Eating a diet that is high in whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, but low in saturated fat is very important. Exercising, with a doctor's approval and supervision, is also important. You should avoid stress, overeating, and strenuous activities.

Continue Learning about Angina

How can I prevent angina?
You are in control of many of the factors that increase your risk of coronary artery disease and ang...
What is the difference between stable and unstable angina?
SCAISCAI
Your doctor may describe your chest pain as "unstable" or "stable" angina.  Unstable Angina With un...
When should I seek immediate help if I have angina?
Riverside Heart and Vascular CenterRiverside Heart and Vascular Center
If you have angina, never drive a vehicle when you are having chest pain! If you have any of the fol...
What causes angina?
Coronary artery disease (CAD) is frequently the cause of angina. In coronary artery disease, arterie...