How do I manage my stable angina on a daily basis?

If you have stable angina, it is very important that you stick to your doctor's treatment plan, including taking any medications your doctor has prescribed and managing any other health problems, such as high blood pressure or diabetes. There are also many steps you can take at home to improve your overall health and reduce your angina. Eating a diet that is high in whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, but low in saturated fat is very important. Exercising, with a doctor's approval and supervision, is also important. You should avoid stress, overeating, and strenuous activities.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
How can I prevent angina?
Yolanda Y. Hendley, MDYolanda Y. Hendley, MD
Lifestyle choices can decrease angina symptoms and reduce your heart risks. Within weeks, you could ...
How can warming up help prevent exercise-induced angina?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
A fascinating occurrence called the "warm-up phenomenon" has puzzled doctors for decades. In the...
What Is Stable Angina?
What Is Stable Angina?