How do I manage my angina on a daily basis?

If you have stable angina, it is very important that you stick to your doctor's treatment plan, including taking any medications your doctor has prescribed and managing any other health problems, such as high blood pressure or diabetes. There are also many steps you can take at home to improve your overall health and reduce your angina. Eating a diet that is high in whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, but low in saturated fat is very important. Exercising, with a doctor's approval and supervision, is also important. You should avoid stress, overeating, and strenuous activities.

If you are having chest pain that is unusual or unexpected, you may need emergency medical attention. Chest pain can also be a symptom of heart attack.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
What should I do if I think I have unstable or variant angina?
If you think you are having an episode of unstable or variant angina, you need to seek emergency med...
What is the difference between stable and unstable angina?
SCAISCAI
Your doctor may describe your chest pain as "unstable" or "stable" angina.  Unstable Angina With un...
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?