How do I manage my angina on a daily basis?

If you have stable angina, it is very important that you stick to your doctor's treatment plan, including taking any medications your doctor has prescribed and managing any other health problems, such as high blood pressure or diabetes. There are also many steps you can take at home to improve your overall health and reduce your angina. Eating a diet that is high in whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, but low in saturated fat is very important. Exercising, with a doctor's approval and supervision, is also important. You should avoid stress, overeating, and strenuous activities.

If you are having chest pain that is unusual or unexpected, you may need emergency medical attention. Chest pain can also be a symptom of heart attack.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
What are the types of angina?
Jack E. Dawson Jr., MDJack E. Dawson Jr., MD
Angina may present during exertion, emotional upsets, at rest and in the night. It may occur shortly...
When should I seek immediate help if I have angina?
Riverside Heart and Vascular CenterRiverside Heart and Vascular Center
If you have angina, never drive a vehicle when you are having chest pain! If you have any of the fol...
What Is Stable Angina?
What Is Stable Angina?