How does angina affect men and women differently?

Men become at greater risk of angina at a younger age than women. Angina usually occurs in men over 45 and women over 55. In addition, the pain of angina may be much different in women than it is in men. Women may feel the pain as a burning or sharp pain rather than pressure or tightness. Women may feel dizzy, have shortness of breath,  experience nausea and  feel pain in the back, jaw, or abdomen. Men may experience pain near the middle of the chest. 

Continue Learning about Angina

Understanding Chest Pain (Angina Pectoris)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
What should I do if I think I have unstable or variant angina?
If you think you are having an episode of unstable or variant angina, you need to seek emergency med...
What are the types of angina?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
The most common types of angina are stable angina and unstable angina. A rare type of angina is call...
Could Your Chest Pain Be Angina?
Could Your Chest Pain Be Angina?