How common is microvascular angina?

It's hard to determine the exact number of people affected by microvascular angina, because it's a symptom that can be indicative of many underlying heart conditions. However, it's a relatively common condition. Microvascular angina is caused by a narrowing of small blood arteries to the heart. This can be caused by fatty deposits in the arteries that stick to the sides and restrict blood flow. It's more common among older people. People with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, or obesity are also more commonly affected by microvascular angina than those without those risk factors.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
Is angina serious?
There are two kinds of angina: stable and unstable. They have different symptoms and unlike stable ...
When should I call my doctor if I have angina?
Riverside Heart and Vascular CenterRiverside Heart and Vascular Center
If you have angina, then call your doctor if: Your skin is itchy or you get a rash. Your angina is ...
What Is Stable Angina?
What Is Stable Angina?