What do I need to know about caring for someone with unstable angina?

Symptoms of a heart attack or unstable angina include chest pain, shortness of breath, sweating and nausea  If someone in your care has symptoms of unstable angina, it is very important that you take the person immediately to an emergency room. It is best to call 911 and have the person transported by ambulance.
Once the person has returned home from the hospital after treatment, it is vital that you make sure he or she follows the doctor's instructions exactly. This will likely include medications and lifestyle changes that are meant to avoid another incident of unstable angina or a heart attack. You will also need to watch for signs of unstable angina or heart attack.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
How common is angina?
Angina is fairly common. About 350,000 people are diagnosed with angina each year in the United Stat...
How can I prevent angina?
Yolanda Y. Hendley, MDYolanda Y. Hendley, MD
Lifestyle choices can decrease angina symptoms and reduce your heart risks. Within weeks, you could ...
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?