What do I need to know about caring for someone with unstable angina?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Symptoms of a heart attack or unstable angina include chest pain, shortness of breath, sweating and nausea  If someone in your care has symptoms of unstable angina, it is very important that you take the person immediately to an emergency room. It is best to call 911 and have the person transported by ambulance.
Once the person has returned home from the hospital after treatment, it is vital that you make sure he or she follows the doctor's instructions exactly. This will likely include medications and lifestyle changes that are meant to avoid another incident of unstable angina or a heart attack. You will also need to watch for signs of unstable angina or heart attack.

Continue Learning about Angina

When should I seek immediate help if I have angina?
Riverside Heart and Vascular CenterRiverside Heart and Vascular Center
If you have angina, never drive a vehicle when you are having chest pain! If you have any of the fol...
How can I prevent angina?
You are in control of many of the factors that increase your risk of coronary artery disease and ang...
What are the types of angina?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
The most common types of angina are stable angina and unstable angina. A rare type of angina is call...
What causes angina?
Coronary artery disease (CAD) is frequently the cause of angina. In coronary artery disease, arterie...