How can I protect my children from angina?

Even though angina often develops as people age, healthy habits formed when you are young can decrease the chances of angina when you get older. You can protect your children from angina later in life by teaching them how to make healthy lifestyle choices. This includes teaching them not to use tobacco products or other drugs, how to choose foods that are healthy, and how to deal with stress in a healthy and constructive way. In addition, establishing and modeling a regular exercise regimen will help them continue their healthy habits for a lifetime.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
What causes angina?
The squeezing chest pain known as angina occurs when the heart does not get enough blood supplying o...
How can warming up help prevent exercise-induced angina?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
A fascinating occurrence called the "warm-up phenomenon" has puzzled doctors for decades. In the...
What Is Stable Angina?
What Is Stable Angina?