How can I protect my children from angina?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Even though angina often develops as people age, healthy habits formed when you are young can decrease the chances of angina when you get older. You can protect your children from angina later in life by teaching them how to make healthy lifestyle choices. This includes teaching them not to use tobacco products or other drugs, how to choose foods that are healthy, and how to deal with stress in a healthy and constructive way. In addition, establishing and modeling a regular exercise regimen will help them continue their healthy habits for a lifetime.

Continue Learning about Angina

What are the types of angina?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
The most common types of angina are stable angina and unstable angina. A rare type of angina is call...
How common is angina?
Angina is fairly common. About 350,000 people are diagnosed with angina each year in the United Stat...
What is angina?
Angina refers to chest pain produced when blood flow to the heart is low. When blood flow is low, th...
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?