How can I protect my children from angina?

Even though angina often develops as people age, healthy habits formed when you are young can decrease the chances of angina when you get older. You can protect your children from angina later in life by teaching them how to make healthy lifestyle choices. This includes teaching them not to use tobacco products or other drugs, how to choose foods that are healthy, and how to deal with stress in a healthy and constructive way. In addition, establishing and modeling a regular exercise regimen will help them continue their healthy habits for a lifetime.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
What is angina?
Angina is chest pain that occurs if an area of your heart muscle doesn’t get enough oxygen. A heart ...
What are the types of angina?
Jack E. Dawson Jr., MDJack E. Dawson Jr., MD
Angina may present during exertion, emotional upsets, at rest and in the night. It may occur shortly...
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?
Is Angina Related to Heart Attacks?