Are there alternative treatments for unstable angina?

Unstable angina is a life-threatening condition and requires emergency medical care. If you have symptoms of unstable angina, do not try to treat it yourself.
However, there are behavioral and lifestyle changes that can help prevent another incident of unstable angina. These include quitting smoking, losing weight, and eating nutritious food, all of which have been shown to have a positive effect on arteries and angina symptoms. In addition, certain supplements may be used to widen arteries and allow blood to flow more easily. These are L-arginine and L-carnitine. However, it is extremely important to ask your doctor about using these, or any, supplements beforehand. Sometimes supplements can cause problems when combined with your other medications.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
When should I call my doctor if I have angina?
Riverside Heart and Vascular CenterRiverside Heart and Vascular Center
If you have angina, then call your doctor if: Your skin is itchy or you get a rash. Your angina is ...
How can I prevent angina?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
You are in control of many of the factors that increase your risk of coronary artery disease and ang...
Could Your Chest Pain Be Angina?
Could Your Chest Pain Be Angina?