What is intermittent explosive disorder?

Intermittent explosive disorder is when anger appears to come out of nowhere, followed by an outburst of emotion. In this video, psychologist Jennifer Hartstein, PsyD, explains how road rage is a good example of this explosive, angry behavior.

Continue Learning about Anger Management

The Top 10 Angriest Cities in 2017
The Top 10 Angriest Cities in 2017
Could where you live be affecting your mental health? It’s possible. We used RealAge, our scientifically-backed test that analyzes your health history...
How can journaling help me cope with anger?
Raychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPCRaychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPC
Journaling is a great way to help you cope with your anger. You can make a habit of writing down you...
How can I teach my child healthy anger management skills?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
If you want your kid to handle anger more appropriately then you must teach her a new behavior t...
How Can I Change the Way I Respond to Anger?