What is anger control?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Anger control is also known as anger management. Anger is a natural and common feeling that people experience. It is important that you learn to control your angry feelings so you do not act inappropriately. Anger control becomes a problem when you become out of control when you are anger and cannot calm yourself down. You may need to explore anger control counseling if you regularly behave in ways that make you feel bad when you after you are anger, where you hurt someone else, or in situations that have lead to legal problems.

Continue Learning about Anger Management

Why should I avoid making decisions when I am angry?
Raychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPCRaychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPC
Some decisions are easier than others. Some don't require much thought at all, while others cause a ...
How can writing help me cope with anger?
When you hold in your anger, it is likely to build. Expressing your feelings is an important fir...
How do medications treat anger control problems?
Medications may be helpful, but are not typically the first step in treating anger control problems....
What increases my risk of having an anger control problem?
There are several risk factors that increase your chance of developing an anger control problem. How...