What is anger control?

Anger control is a way to help you get back into the driver’s seat of your life. It’s a way to manage your angry emotions. Anger is a normal and natural emotion and it serves a purpose. Anger, if handled appropriately can help us fight for fairness, equality, and to take on causes for the greater good of humanity. Things such as the Women’s Rights Movement, Civil Rights Movement, Mothers Against Drunk Driving and other great organizations wouldn’t exist had someone not been emotionally charged to make a change. However, there’s an ugly painful side to anger.

On the destructive side, anger can wreck havoc on your relationships, jobs, and even your health. Destructive anger is a draining emotion that can leave its victim feeling depleted and remorseful after it has run its course. Ever said or done something out of anger that you wish you didn’t after you calmed down?  That’s just one example of how anger hurts. Some people don’t know how to deal with their anger and let they let it take control of their life rather than vice a versa. 

Anger control is a way to change the way you respond to and even think about anger provoking situations. You don’t have to let anger control you. You can control it. So, push anger to the back seat, it’s time to hop back into the driver’s seat. That’s what anger control is.

Anger control is also known as anger management. Anger is a natural and common feeling that people experience. It is important that you learn to control your angry feelings so you do not act inappropriately. Anger control becomes a problem when you become out of control when you are anger and cannot calm yourself down. You may need to explore anger control counseling if you regularly behave in ways that make you feel bad when you after you are anger, where you hurt someone else, or in situations that have lead to legal problems.

Continue Learning about Anger Management

Zen and the Art of Injury Prevention
Zen and the Art of Injury Prevention
Don't tackle a tough physical task if you're seeing red. Research suggests that being angry may increase a person's risk of injury nearly seven-fold....
What is anger management therapy?
Betty Davis, LPC, NCCBetty Davis, LPC, NCC
Anger Management contains a series of techniques that a person can apply to their own anger in orde...
How can an anger management contract help me control my anger?
Raychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPCRaychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPC
Signing an anger management contract is a way of making a commitment. It is like promising yours...
How Can I Change the Way I Respond to Anger?