What increases my risk of having an anger control problem?

There are several risk factors that increase your chance of developing an anger control problem. How you deal with your anger is something that you learn throughout your life. If you did not learn healthy coping or anger management techniques, you will be more prone to having difficulty controlling your anger. In addition, anger control issues can be observed in families, so if you have a parent who had anger issues, you may also experience this.

Continue Learning about Anger Management

Zen and the Art of Injury Prevention
Zen and the Art of Injury Prevention
Don't tackle a tough physical task if you're seeing red. Research suggests that being angry may increase a person's risk of injury nearly seven-fold....
How can an anger management contract help me control my anger?
Raychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPCRaychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPC
Signing an anger management contract is a way of making a commitment. It is like promising yours...
How can I control my anger when dealing with my young child?
Trish BoothTrish Booth
If you have a flare of anger toward your child, give yourself a 30-second break to calm down. -...
How Can I Manage My Anger?
How Can I Manage My Anger?