What are common types of unhealthy anger?

Charles J. Sophy, MD
Adolescent Medicine
The two most common forms of unhealthy anger are internalized anger and externalized anger. Internalized anger is anger that is bottled up and not expressed. Externalized anger is anger that is expressed in a disrespectful, aggressive, and sometimes even dangerous manner.

Continue Learning about Anger Management

The Top 10 Angriest Cities in 2017
The Top 10 Angriest Cities in 2017
Could where you live be affecting your mental health? It’s possible. We used RealAge, our scientifically-backed test that analyzes your health history...
How can I control my anger when dealing with my young child?
Trish BoothTrish Booth
If you have a flare of anger toward your child, give yourself a 30-second break to calm down. -...
How can I control my anger as a teen?
Kevin Wilson, LPCKevin Wilson, LPC
To control anger as a teen, I’m really into mindfulness. I refer to this as the longest twelve inche...
What Is Intermittent Explosive Disorder?