What are common types of unhealthy anger?

Charles J. Sophy, MD
Adolescent Medicine
The two most common forms of unhealthy anger are internalized anger and externalized anger. Internalized anger is anger that is bottled up and not expressed. Externalized anger is anger that is expressed in a disrespectful, aggressive, and sometimes even dangerous manner.

Continue Learning about Anger Management

How Pent Up Anger Can Actually Shorten Your Life
Anger is not a pleasant emotion. It can eat away at you over time, or it can explode all at once, blinding you to the feelings of others—it can make y...
How can writing help me cope with anger?
Raychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPCRaychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPC
When you hold in your anger, it is likely to build. Expressing your feelings is an important fir...
As a teen, how can I calm down when I'm angry?
When you are angry, choosing an activity that helps you calm down will keep your anger from gett...
How Can I Prevent Road Rage?
How Can I Prevent Road Rage?