What are the stages of anger?

Anger builds in stages. By understanding the progression of your anger, you can learn to quickly identify when you are becoming agitated and head it off before it gets out of control.

1. Your anger button gets pushed.
2. Your thinking gets distorted.
3. Your feelings take over and you react.
The Anger Workbook for Teens: Activities to Help You Deal with Anger and Frustration (Instant Help)

Do you often find yourself in trouble because of anger? Do you react to situations and later regret how you behaved? Does your anger cause problems with other people? Are you tired of letting anger...

Continue Learning about Anger Management

How Pent Up Anger Can Actually Shorten Your Life
Anger is not a pleasant emotion. It can eat away at you over time, or it can explode all at once, blinding you to the feelings of others—it can make y...
How can I help my child manage anger before an outburst?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Here are steps to guide you in managing inappropriate anger in your child before an outburst and tea...
How can anger be positive?
Robert DeVitoRobert DeVito
Anger is a secondary emotion. Meaning that you just do not feel angry, you feel something (despair, ...
What Is Intermittent Explosive Disorder?