What are the stages of anger?

Anger builds in stages. By understanding the progression of your anger, you can learn to quickly identify when you are becoming agitated and head it off before it gets out of control.

1. Your anger button gets pushed.
2. Your thinking gets distorted.
3. Your feelings take over and you react.
The Anger Workbook for Teens: Activities to Help You Deal with Anger and Frustration (Instant Help)

Do you often find yourself in trouble because of anger? Do you react to situations and later regret how you behaved? Does your anger cause problems with other people? Are you tired of letting anger...

Continue Learning about Anger Management

What Your Job Can Do to Your Heart
What Your Job Can Do to Your Heart
The funny thing about your heart not being in your job is that your job finds a way to affect your heart anyway. When researchers looked at men who fe...
What are the physical effects of anger?
Charles J. Sophy, MDCharles J. Sophy, MD
If you're frequently angry, you may be creating serious health problems for yourself, both now a...
What are some triggers that affect anger control?
Triggers are things - people, situations, stress - that cause your feelings of anger to escalate. Th...
How Can I Prevent Road Rage?
How Can I Prevent Road Rage?