Are there alternative treatments for anger control problems?

There are steps you can take to control your anger. Practicing relaxation techniques is one method. This can be done by engaging in a hobby or interest, participating in meditation, or doing some deep breathing or guided imagery. Actively participating in exercise or physical activity is also effective in reducing anger. Activities that involve self-expression and creativity such as music, writing, or art are also ways to blow off some stream. Talking to a friend or loved one also provides an outlet for angry feelings.

Continue Learning about Anger Management

The Top 10 Angriest Cities in 2017
The Top 10 Angriest Cities in 2017
Could where you live be affecting your mental health? It’s possible. We used RealAge, our scientifically-backed test that analyzes your health history...
How can I manage my anger?
While you may think that lashing out or hitting a pillow or punching bag helps you release tension, ...
How can I calm down when I'm angry?
Julie Holland, MDJulie Holland, MD
The best way to calm down when you are angry is to move the blood in your brain from the emotional c...
What Are the Symptoms of an Anger Control Problem?