What are the symptoms of an anger control problem?

Symptoms of an anger control problem include consistent, underlying irritability, a snappish attitude and overly strong reactions to certain situations. In this video, psychologist Jennifer Hartstein, PsyD, explains these unpleasant red flags.

Your body responds to stress and anger in certain ways. Feeling tense irritable or mad are common feelings that indicate anger. Having tight muscles, a racing heart, or elevate blood pressure are common symptoms. You may also have feelings of frustration or like you are going to blow up. You may also get into fights or arguments frequently.

Continue Learning about Anger Management

What Your Job Can Do to Your Heart
What Your Job Can Do to Your Heart
The funny thing about your heart not being in your job is that your job finds a way to affect your heart anyway. When researchers looked at men who fe...
How can drinking alcohol affect anger?
When you're thinking, "Boy, I need a drink," think again. The trouble is alcohol won't relieve h...
How can I control my anger as a teen?
Kevin Wilson, LPCKevin Wilson, LPC
To control anger as a teen, I’m really into mindfulness. I refer to this as the longest twelve inche...
How Can I Change the Way I Respond to Anger?