What are the symptoms of an anger control problem?

Your body responds to stress and anger in certain ways. Feeling tense irritable or mad are common feelings that indicate anger. Having tight muscles, a racing heart, or elevate blood pressure are common symptoms. You may also have feelings of frustration or like you are going to blow up. You may also get into fights or arguments frequently.

Symptoms of an anger control problem include consistent, underlying irritability, a snappish attitude and overly strong reactions to certain situations. In this video, psychologist Jennifer Hartstein, PsyD, explains these unpleasant red flags.

Continue Learning about Anger Management

A Flash of Red Can Sharpen Focus
A Flash of Red Can Sharpen Focus
When you need to make a tough decision, just think about the last time you were angry. Sounds counterintuitive, but a little anger can actually help ...
What are the treatment options for anger control problems?
The main treatment options are individual counseling or a group program. In individual counseling se...
How can humor help me cope with anger?
Raychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPCRaychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPC
A situation that makes you angry is likely to have a different outcome depending on whether you allo...
How Can I Change the Way I Respond to Anger?