When I'm angry, does it help to let out my aggression?

Most people are misinformed about the best way to handle anger. While you may think that lashing out or hitting a pillow or punching bag helps you release tension, the opposite is true. It teaches you to develop a behavior pattern: Get mad, punch. Get mad, get even. Get mad, harbor stress until it eats away at you like ants on crumbs. Instead, it's better to use behavior and mental techniques that have been shown to reduce anger and anxiety.
You: Staying Young: The Owner's Manual for Extending Your Warranty

International bestselling authors of YOU: The Owner's Manual and YOU: On a Diet give you all the tools and know-how to stay young and defy the ageing process. Drawing lively parallels between your...

Continue Learning about Anger Management

How Can I Calm Down When I'm Angry?
How Can I Calm Down When I'm Angry?
How Can I Change the Way I Respond to Anger?
How Can I Prevent Road Rage?
How Can I Prevent Road Rage?
What Is Intermittent Explosive Disorder?