When I'm angry, does it help to let out my aggression?

Most people are misinformed about the best way to handle anger. While you may think that lashing out or hitting a pillow or punching bag helps you release tension, the opposite is true. It teaches you to develop a behavior pattern: Get mad, punch. Get mad, get even. Get mad, harbor stress until it eats away at you like ants on crumbs. Instead, it's better to use behavior and mental techniques that have been shown to reduce anger and anxiety.
You: Staying Young: The Owner's Manual for Extending Your Warranty

International bestselling authors of YOU: The Owner's Manual and YOU: On a Diet give you all the tools and know-how to stay young and defy the ageing process. Drawing lively parallels between your...

Continue Learning about Anger Management

The Top 10 Angriest Cities in 2017
The Top 10 Angriest Cities in 2017
Could where you live be affecting your mental health? It’s possible. We used RealAge, our scientifically-backed test that analyzes your health history...
Where can I find help for anger control?
There are a number of places where you can find help for addressing anger control. Your doctor may b...
What are the treatment options for anger control problems?
The main treatment options are individual counseling or a group program. In individual counseling se...
How Can I Change the Way I Respond to Anger?