How can writing help me cope with anger?

When you hold in your anger, it is likely to build. Expressing your feelings is an important first step toward coping with them, and writing is a great way to do that. How well you write or whether you follow grammar rules is not important in this type of writing. What is important is getting your feelings out.

Exploring your emotions is like dumping out a puzzle and sorting through the pieces. At first, the task may seem overwhelming. But once you begin to match up some pieces, the rest begin to fall into place. Think of writing as a way to help you sort through the puzzle pieces of life.
The Anger Workbook for Teens: Activities to Help You Deal with Anger and Frustration (Instant Help)

Do you often find yourself in trouble because of anger? Do you react to situations and later regret how you behaved? Does your anger cause problems with other people? Are you tired of letting anger...

Continue Learning about Anger Management

What Your Job Can Do to Your Heart
What Your Job Can Do to Your Heart
The funny thing about your heart not being in your job is that your job finds a way to affect your heart anyway. When researchers looked at men who fe...
What other problems are associated with anger control?
Individuals who have difficulty dealing with their angry feelings are at increased risk of certain p...
How can I change the way I respond to anger?
Dr. Jennifer Hartstein, PsyDDr. Jennifer Hartstein, PsyD
You can change the way you respond to anger by adopting a healthier lifestyle, and finding relaxing ...
How Can I Calm Down When I'm Angry?
How Can I Calm Down When I'm Angry?