How can humor help me cope with anger?

A situation that makes you angry is likely to have a different outcome depending on whether you allow your anger to escalate or your sense of humor to take over. Many episodes of anger are actually funny, if you can step away from what has happened long enough to notice. So next time you get angry, stop and ask yourself, "What's funny about this situation?" Chances are you'll find some humor if you just look for it.
The Anger Workbook for Teens: Activities to Help You Deal with Anger and Frustration (Instant Help)

Do you often find yourself in trouble because of anger? Do you react to situations and later regret how you behaved? Does your anger cause problems with other people? Are you tired of letting anger...

Continue Learning about Anger Management

Zen and the Art of Injury Prevention
Zen and the Art of Injury Prevention
Don't tackle a tough physical task if you're seeing red. Research suggests that being angry may increase a person's risk of injury nearly seven-fold....
How can I reduce outbursts of anger in my kids?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Use these six steps to guide you in reducing inappropriate anger in your kid and teach healthier...
How do medications treat anger control problems?
Medications may be helpful, but are not typically the first step in treating anger control problems....
What Is Intermittent Explosive Disorder?