How can drinking alcohol affect anger?

When you're thinking, "Boy, I need a drink," think again. The trouble is alcohol won't relieve high anxiety or anger issues, and it could actually make them worse. In some people (you?), drinking when super tense can underscore the dark side of whatever stressed them out and leave them in a fouler mood. If you're stressed to the max and know from experience that alcohol bites back when you're tense, grab your iPod and hit the road. Both the walking and the music will help tame your tension and keep you healthy.

Continue Learning about Anger Management

A Flash of Red Can Sharpen Focus
A Flash of Red Can Sharpen Focus
When you need to make a tough decision, just think about the last time you were angry. Sounds counterintuitive, but a little anger can actually help ...
What is anger management therapy?
Betty Davis, LPC, NCCBetty Davis, LPC, NCC
Anger Management contains a series of techniques that a person can apply to their own anger in orde...
What are the symptoms of an anger control problem?
Dr. Jennifer Hartstein, PsyDDr. Jennifer Hartstein, PsyD
Symptoms of an anger control problem include consistent, underlying irritability, a snappish attitud...
How Can I Change the Way I Respond to Anger?