How can I avoid getting angry when provoked?

On a sheet of paper, list your button releases or pet peeves that trigger your anger and then make several copies of your list. Put them in places that are readily accessible—for example, your wallet, your backpack, and your nightstand. Review the list often so that the next time you find one of your buttons is being pushed, you can head off an anger situation by recalling your release.
The Anger Workbook for Teens: Activities to Help You Deal with Anger and Frustration (Instant Help)

Do you often find yourself in trouble because of anger? Do you react to situations and later regret how you behaved? Does your anger cause problems with other people? Are you tired of letting anger...
Valorie Burton
Allergy
To avoid getting angry when provoked, you need to be aware of your thoughts, and how you respond when you get upset. Watch as personal coach Valorie Burton discusses how to redirect your thoughts and react more positively when someone irritates you.

Continue Learning about Anger Management