How do medications treat anger control problems?

Medications may be helpful, but are not typically the first step in treating anger control problems. Anger management classes or counseling are useful tools. Medications may be used to treat physical symptoms you are experiencing, such as high blood pressure. They may also be used to treat underlying conditions, such as depression, that may be contributing to your feelings of anger. Depending on the cause of your anger control problems, psychotropic medications may be beneficial.

Continue Learning about Anger Management

Zen and the Art of Injury Prevention
Zen and the Art of Injury Prevention
Don't tackle a tough physical task if you're seeing red. Research suggests that being angry may increase a person's risk of injury nearly seven-fold....
How can I avoid getting angry when provoked?
Valorie BurtonValorie Burton
To avoid getting angry when provoked, you need to be aware of your thoughts, and how you respond whe...
How can I help my child manage anger before an outburst?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Here are steps to guide you in managing inappropriate anger in your child before an outburst and tea...
How Can I Calm Down When I'm Angry?
How Can I Calm Down When I'm Angry?