How do I control my anger on a daily basis?

Katherine Lee
Social Work
There are many effective ways to manage your anger: count to 10, stop and think before reacting, taking three deep breaths, leave the situation, positive self-talk, etc. It is very important to understand your triggers to anger and where they are stemming from though. In order to figure this out, you might need to seek professional help.

Developing, practicing, and using healthy coping techniques will assist you in managing and controlling your anger on a daily basis. Sharing your feelings, talking about what makes you angry, and confronting individuals who are affecting you are methods to prevent anger from getting to a boiling point. In addition, practicing relaxation techniques such as deep breathing, meditation, and exercise, can help you control your anger. Learning what triggers your anger and related responses is essential to controlling your anger.

Continue Learning about Anger Management

What Your Job Can Do to Your Heart
What Your Job Can Do to Your Heart
The funny thing about your heart not being in your job is that your job finds a way to affect your heart anyway. When researchers looked at men who fe...
What are some triggers that affect anger control?
Triggers are things - people, situations, stress - that cause your feelings of anger to escalate. Th...
How can I calm down when I'm angry?
Julie Holland, MDJulie Holland, MD
The best way to calm down when you are angry is to move the blood in your brain from the emotional c...
What Is Intermittent Explosive Disorder?