How do I control my anger on a daily basis?

Katherine Lee
Social Work
There are many effective ways to manage your anger: count to 10, stop and think before reacting, taking three deep breaths, leave the situation, positive self-talk, etc. It is very important to understand your triggers to anger and where they are stemming from though. In order to figure this out, you might need to seek professional help.

Developing, practicing, and using healthy coping techniques will assist you in managing and controlling your anger on a daily basis. Sharing your feelings, talking about what makes you angry, and confronting individuals who are affecting you are methods to prevent anger from getting to a boiling point. In addition, practicing relaxation techniques such as deep breathing, meditation, and exercise, can help you control your anger. Learning what triggers your anger and related responses is essential to controlling your anger.

Continue Learning about Anger Management

How Pent Up Anger Can Actually Shorten Your Life
Anger is not a pleasant emotion. It can eat away at you over time, or it can explode all at once, blinding you to the feelings of others—it can make y...
What are the benefits to anger control?
Controlling your anger will help you feel more in control and able to deal with various situations y...
What other problems are associated with anger control?
Individuals who have difficulty dealing with their angry feelings are at increased risk of certain p...
How Can I Calm Down When I'm Angry?
How Can I Calm Down When I'm Angry?